Recipe courtesy Naomi J. Mobed
200g Colliers Welsh cheddar cheese
8-10 slices of crusty sourdough or baguette bread (medium thickness)
100g parmesan cheese
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 large eggs
2 cloves garlic
1 large scallion or green onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
1 tbsp mint
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
¼ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp cumin seeds, toasted
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp turmeric
Serve with Le Bon Magot® Tomato & White Sultana Chutney with Ginger & Garam Masala
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Lightly brush both sides of the bread slices with olive oil and grill bread in oven for 15 minutes until a light golden colour. Grate both cheeses. Then, add all ingredients above and mix into a glossy paste. Apply on toast and place in oven under the broiler (at 450 degrees F) for 5-7 minutes. Remove and serve warm with chutney alongside it.
Our top 5 cheesy tips:
- Use more than one type of cheese to get the perfect melted texture and strong taste.
- Minimize the amount of oil used so that the bread is not soggy or greasy.
- Try sourdough bread, boule or baguette instead of classic sliced white. The tangy taste of sourdough will compliment the cheese.
- Keep a close eye on the time. 5-7 minutes should do it, but it depends completely on the type of bread and cheese you are using. You want the toast crispy and the inside melted.
- Experiment with different cheeses, herbs and spices. Adventure is the spice of life!