Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Grease a pie dish or baking sheet with butter and lay down the first dough circle, spread the chutney evenly over the surface, then the onions, half the nigella seeds, the goat cheese, and half the grated cheese.
Top with the other pastry disk and pinch the edges closed. Top with the remaining grated cheese and the nigella seeds. Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until crisp and browned. Allow to cool on a rack, then serve in slices. Also great filled with fresh fruits, ricotta, and powdered sugar with , or lamb, spinach, and my Kibbeh spice!
Author Notes: Simplicity, ease, and a nice crunch. Using tomato chutney allows you to enjoy the rich flavors of tomato no matter the season. Nigella seeds complement the onion and add a great textural component." (Lior Lev Sercarz)
Makes one 9" tart.
- 2 pieces puff pastry sheets or malawach dough, 9" circles
- ⅓ cup Le Bon Magot® Tomato & White Sultana Chutney
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon whole nigella seeds
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup finely grated grana padano or parmigiano reggiano
- Salted butter