Source: Metuchen Living
Downtown Metuchen Store Boasts ‘Comida Fresca’ Restaurant, Seasonal Tastes and Many Ways to Save
METUCHEN, N.J. (Oct. 3, 2017) – Whole Foods Market’s newest New Jersey location in Downtown Metuchen will celebrate its grand opening on Wednesday, October 11. This 45,000 square foot store, located at 645 Middlesex Avenue, will be the first Whole Foods Market in Middlesex County and the 18th location in the Garden State. Doors will open to the public at 8 a.m. and opening day will include giveaways, sales, product samples and more.
“We can’t wait to open our doors right in Downtown Metuchen and bring great deals on the best seasonal products to Middlesex County,” said Whole Foods Market Metuchen Store Team Leader Felicia Williams. “We love how Metuchen is such a close-knit community, and we’re really looking forward to strengthening our partnerships with local businesses, community organizations, and of course our customers in and around the Brainy Borough.”
Whole Foods Market carefully selects each product sold to ensure they all contain the highest quality ingredients, which means no hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup, or artificial flavors, colors and preservatives are allowed in any foods sold. Highlights throughout the Metuchen store include:
- Comida Fresca Restaurant – This brand new restaurant and bar will feature a fresh modern Mexican menu boasting signature guacamoles, agua frescas and tacos. Both indoor and outdoor seating will be available, and customers can choose from a variety of hand-crafted margaritas made with fresh citrus as well as 12 draft beers.
- Asian BBQ – A new concept where healthy, customizable stir-fry bowls are cooked to order, with paleo-friendly ingredients like zucchini noodles and cauliflower rice available.
- More In-Store Dining Favorites – The Metuchen store will also serve a number of Whole Foods Market customers’ favorites, like freshly baked pizza, sushi rolled in-house daily, the hot food bar highlighting popular Fall tastes, and the salad bars offering healthy, vegan and seasonal salads.
- Coffee & Juice Bar – Expert baristas will serve up coffee, tea juice and smoothies, including Fall-flavored favorites like pumpkin spice lattes and innovative drinks like turmeric lattes.
- Produce – This location will feature the freshest natural and organic produce, including seasonal selections of local pumpkins and a variety of squashes. A large offering of convenient pre-cut produce will make weeknight Fall meals a breeze for busy families.
- Bakery – There will be a wide selection of baked goods made from scratch every day at the store, including a new tortilla machine making fresh tortillas. Healthy options also abound, including delicious grainless and gluten-free options from Squirrel & The Bee grainless bake shop in Short Hills.
- Grocery — The grocery aisles will have something for everyone, whether it’s 180 money-saving bulk bin staples and thousands of 365 Everyday Value store brand products, or special diet offerings like meatless proteins and paleo snacks. Shoppers will also find dozens of Jersey-made artisanal brands, such as Le Bon Magot chutneys and jams which are perfect for Holiday cheese plates.
- Meat – Whole Foods Market meat and poultry is always raised with no antibiotics and no added hormones, and rated on the Global Animal Partnership’s 5-step animal welfare rating scale. The full-service butcher team has also created new ready-to-cook options that are distinctly Jersey for the Metuchen store, like convenient Sunday sauce dinner kits and six types of stuffed meatballs.
- Seafood – The freshest seafood is rated by trusted third-party organizations to ensure it is sustainably caught or responsibly farmed, and customer orders can be deboned or fileted for free while they shop by the expert fishmongers.
- Specialty – This department features cheese, charcuterie and antipasti, and the Metuchen store will boast a number of brand new Jersey-made artisanal cheeses. Cheesemongers at the store will also craft seasonal flavors of whipped ricotta and hand-pack Lioni Buffalo mozzarella for customers.
- Whole Body – The comprehensive assortment of high-quality natural cosmetics and body care products include new soaps from LUX Naturals in Edison.
Customers looking to save are encouraged to take advantage of numerous weekly sales, digital coupons on the Whole Foods Market mobile app and economic options like the bulk-bin section and Buy Big Save Big value packs throughout the Metuchen store.
Whole Foods Market will also host a 5 percent community giving day on opening day, benefitting the Borough Improvement League of Metuchen’s efforts to preserve the historic Old Franklin Schoolhouse. Five percent of the day’s net sales will be donated to help upgrade the schoolhouse’s sustainability and energy efficiency capabilities.
Shoppers can register on the Whole Foods Market Metuchen Eventbrite page to win prizes on opening day, including a Healthy Pantry Makeover valued at $250. Follow @wholefoodsmetuchen on Instagram for more updates on Whole Foods Market Metuchen.